PROTECT YOUR SKIN WITH WINDOW FILM
Facts about skin protection and window film
Solar Gard window films have an SPF of 285 or more, making them an ideal solution for protecting your skin. When applied to your car, home or office they block more than 99% of the sun’s damaging UVA and UVB rays
TYPES OF UV RADIATION
UVA - Effect: Skin Aging, eye damage, and is linked to skin cancer.
UVB - Effect: Sunburn, premature skin aging, eye damage and linked to skin cancer.
UVC - Effect: Most destructive but mostly stopped by the ozone layer.
Effects of direct sunlight
Solar control window film is ideal if you want to protect your skin from the daily onslaught of sunlight. The ultraviolet radiation in sunlight has many negative effects on skin including:
• Causes 90% of all premature skin aging and wrinkles
• Destroys vitamin A in the skin, which contributes to cell damage
• Damages collagen, the structural protein that keeps skin cells firm, causing wrinkles and sagging
• UV is increasingly being linked to skin cancer
Solar Gard window film also reduces the harmful effects of sunlight if you suffer from a photosensitive condition. Dozens of these conditions have been identified including:
UV Radiation and Photosensetive Conditions
• Actinic Prurigo
• Bloom Syndrome
• Discoid Lupus Erythematosus
• Dubowitz Syndrome
• Ichthyosis (Trichothiodystrophy)
• Photosensitive Erythema Multiforme
• Polymorphous Light Eruption
• Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
• Three M Syndrome
Solar control window film is often prescribed for people who cannot tolerate sunlight.
The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends Solar Gard Window Film to protect healthy skin!
Facts Solar Gard and UV Protection
• UV protection of at least SPF 285+
• Blocks 99% of UV rays
• Prevents aging associated with sun damage
• Provides year-round sun protection